This blog is going to be based simply off of my opinion.
Now, let's start with Twitter . .
Twitter has evolutionalized a lot over the past few years. When I was first introduced to Twitter about 3 years ago, it became the main social network that I used and slowly, but surely, knocked Myspace off of the meter in my book. At first, I didn't understand the purpose of Twitter. Telling the world what I was doing every waking moment of the day was a little irrelevant to me. Once I got to tweeting, that irrelevancy was non-existent.
At the time, I had a Facebook page, but I barely took the time out to use it. For one, Myspace was a lot more popular for teenagers my age. We thought of Facebook as a site for the "older" crowd. Just as Twitter did to Myspace, Facebook knocked Twitter off the map. Facebook started becoming used to reconnect with old and new family and friends. After using Facebook for a while, it started to become almost addicting! It was an all day, everyday, I can't live without it type of social website. Then, problems arose. Being that we're teenagers, petty stuff turned into big problems over what people would see and hear via Facebook. It led to fights, dramas, break-ups, etc. within teenagers and even adults!
Once I came to college, Facebook was a great way to connect and keep up with the new people you met. It was also a great way to find out who went to your university and meet them. It was great when it came time for me to campaign for freshman calss vice president and it worked . . I WON! After a while, I decided to get back on my Twitter game. Twitter became pretty much the main source of spreading news around campus. If there was a party or campus activity, you were bound to see it on Twitter. It then stole the Facebook spotlight of a great way to meet new people.
THE DEBATE!
Which one is better?
OR
From my opinion, I believe that Twitter is better for communicating because its simple and straight to the point. Its quick, its easy, the word gets around fast, and anybody can do it . . In 140 characters or less, that is.
Facebook is better for advertisement because is has more options to post things than Twitter does. It also better for keeping in contact with people and to stay updated on what their doing. Its also great at helping you remember those birthdays you forgot!
Facebook and Twitter has its pros and cons. Both of them are great when it comes to communication and getting the word out their to the people. All around awesome websites, although I'd prefer Twitter, but I'm sure they'll continue to grow as an social network enterprises throughout the world.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All in all, there can't be a winner in the Twitter vs. Facebook debate simply because it depends on how its used. Its what you make it. You can make it fun and interesting, or you can "tweef" and be a "Facebook gangsta". Its all up to the person behind the computer, the cell phone, the tablet, the whatever.


No comments:
Post a Comment