Thursday, January 19, 2012

FOOOODDD!

Hot food, cold food, wet food, dry food, food here, food there,
I LOVE FOOD!


I could go on about food all day, yesterday, and tomorrow. I just love it! Then again, who doesn't?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food can be the best friend that you never had. A lot of people rely on food as a comfort zone and don't even realize it. When you're sad, you grab a spoon, some icecream, a bag of Cheetos, and a Sprite. When you're mad, you hop in the car to calm yourself down and find yourself in a McDonalds drive-thru. But people don't always rely on food for bad situations. When you're happy or excited, you might find yourself snacking on something sweet like some candy or drinking some wine, or apple juice in my case.

If we all took the time out to think about what we are eating, it would explain a lot like the obesity epidemic and high blood pressure or high cholesterol. Since I've came to college, my already BAD eating habits got WORSE. All the fast-food because we slept through dinner and eating junk food in the middle of the night while we're up finishing work cannot be good for our bodies. I didn't realize how much junk I was eating until I looked at my bank statement. Spending $100 on snacks in Wal-Mart and every other charge was either for
McDonalds, The Cookout, Dominos, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, the chinese place, or Mr. Hibachi, plus a few other places that I just didn't visit often. I quickly realized that what I'm putting into my body cannot be good.

As a college student at Claflin University, as well as those South Carolina State Univeristy, it is EXTREMELY hard to get away from the junk food. There's a fast-food restaurant on every street corner, at every stoplight, every passageway, and the cafe food isn't much better! Business at fast-food places are constantly booming because everything is in an arm's reach. Most of the junk we eat can even be found on campus. There's grease, calories, cholesterol, fat (saturated and unsaturated), sugar, sodium, fiber, and carbohydtrates in the food we eat and not enough calcium, vitamins, and iron!

 As much as I want to eat healthier, I really don't think thats going to work out for me or a lot of other college students. I know that I'm going to suffer from it from in the long run, but its so hard to care when that shake from The Cookout, that Big Mac from Mcdonalds, and that chalupa from Taco Bell is goign down your throat!



No comments:

Post a Comment